Sunday, August 14, 2016

It would be "even more awesome and fun if Elijah was here"

It is 7:45pm.

Today is the end of our little vacation.

It was nice to just get away from everything for a couple of days.

It was supposed to be a one day vacation, but the first day we got to the hotel and found out the beach reserve I wanted to go to had closed for the evening. So my amazing husband suggested we go the to the reserve the next morning and stay just a little bit longer after we checked out of our hotel.

So we got a little bit more than the one day vacay, and had a lot of fun.

This may have actually been the first time ever I left the comfort of the sandy beach and went out into the waves at a beach too! The water was so beautiful and clear.

It was nice to be a little spontaneous, live life, and spend time with my family.

Of course there was just one huge part of our family missing:


Even in the joyful moments, there will always be a little bit of sadness.

I even heard Julien say to his brothers that it would be "even more awesome and fun if Elijah was here."

But I can tell you that I made this trip because of that sweet little boy, and I have learned from him just how much of a gift every day really is. I will continue to live my life to the fullest for him every day.

Today I attended a committee meeting for The Tears Foundation Rock and Walk event that I am helping organize for October 15th (which is pregnancy loss and infant loss remembrance day).

It was a nice little meeting and I decided to make Love, Elijah a sponsor for the walk and donate a basket for the silent auction. 

I have been trying to be more active with my blog and kind of decide what direction I want to take everything.

But I haven't given up on it yet. Once I get on my feet with Order Up and have some income coming in, I want to set some money aside for Elijah Blanket Bears and revamp my whole etsy page to offer gifts for bereaved mothers, like candles and soaps, and remembrance jewelry and gift boxes that can be purchased and sent out for families who have lost their children. I would also like to feature gifts for rainbow babies too. But this will take time to develop, and I don't want to get too ahead of myself. 

But I would love to hear of any ideas you guys have for gifts that are appropriate for bereaved parents and parents of rainbow babies!

Anyways, I seriously need to get caught up on the kiddos curriculum and get everything squared away for the week as I begin training for Order Up on Tuesday and will become a very busy momma pretty soon.

Wish me luck!

And please keep praying for our world. Pray for my family. Pray for me. And always, always pray for my sweet Elijah <3



I love you sweet boy.
I miss you so much, you can't even imagine.
Sometimes I can't even imagine.
It still makes no sense, but I keep on going.
I do it for you...all of it is for you.
Good night my boogie.
<3







No comments:

Post a Comment

1,520 days: Overwhelm.

It is 8:49am. Everyone is still asleep... I have my "happy light" shining into my  peripheral  vision, and my vitamins and medic...