Monday, August 15, 2016

Ikea Monday

It is 11:19am

We are at Ikea for our new tradition of Ikea Mondays.

Alex is working on some curriculum I found that is called "Smart Kids."

It focuses on learning about emotions and behavioral issues. I think it is something important for my kids, especially since they have been through a lot. But really, this kind of stuff should be studied on a deeper level in all schooling.

I have a strong belief that there needs to be a significant push for education on mental health as well as a strong regard for it in the work place and in home life.  Our police, judicial system and jails could really benefit from it too-- but talking about that would probably take me writing a novel, and I only have about 15 minutes to get through this before Alex is done with his worksheet, and I have to go get the little kids out of the play area.

But right now I am agitated that I sent Alex to a private school last year that was supposed to promote "higher learning" and I had to pay a butt ton of money for, and his writing skills are awful. I honestly feel like he went backwards... I need to find some sort of writing tutor or something to help me with this. I don't know. Maybe he just needs a lot of practice writing and rewriting until he gets it right. We will just have to keep working at it.

I didn't get up and walk this morning because I am so sunburnt everywhere and last night I took pain medicine with sleep aids. Anytime I take sleep aids I am groggy the following day and it is really hard to get out of bed. Which is why I don't take them very often.

But tonight I plan on going on my one hour walk and I will just ease back into my walking routine again soon.

Tomorrow I start my Order Up training and I am excited, but nervous. I am hoping I can make enough by working only on the weekends, so that I can stay focused on the family. But I guess I will do whatever it takes to pay the bills at this point.

Just trying to stay positive and keep moving forward. That is the best thing I can do for myself and my family right now.

Time to wrap things up and go get the little kiddos from the play area.

Hope you all have a fantastic day! Keep your chin up and remember that every day is a gift. Live your life and love big!

Continue to pray for our world. Pray for our family. Pray for me. And always always pray for my Elijah.

Hi sweet boy.
Hi my sunflower.
I love and miss you so much.
Keep shining down on us.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

1,520 days: Overwhelm.

It is 8:49am. Everyone is still asleep... I have my "happy light" shining into my  peripheral  vision, and my vitamins and medic...