Friday, June 16, 2017

644: Neck Sprain

It is 9:08pm

I am still in a lot of pain and not in a very good spot mentally, so I am just going to copy and paste my gofundme update because it kind of explains everything.

Please send lots of love and positive healing or prayers. Thank you:

Two days ago I slipped down the stairs of the school bus and fell hitting my back. I also tried to catch myself with right arm, causing my right shoulder to jar up. 

Because I thought I was super mom and could still move at the time, I decided to just take some over the counter pain medicine and use some ointment and just push through the pain so that I could keep the kids happy and I could go to work (I clean houses part time). 

Well, I probably shouldn't have tried to play supermom, and should have rested because by the end of yesterday I could barely hold the phone to my face without being in agonizing pain. 

Levi offered for us to come up to where he is staying in Shreveport so that I could rest and relax my neck and shoulders and he could watch the kids in the air conditioning. Which is nice, but I can't stay here too long because he is living in his friend's apartment and there is not enough space for all 5 of us to crash for long period of times....plus it is kind of rude to do so. 

Anyways, last night the pain grew worse and worse. I could barely lift my neck and I couldn't sleep. I tried epsom salt baths, icy hot, pain pills, massage...none of it helped. 

So this morning at 5:30(ish) I went to the ER where they took a bunch of xrays. Luckily nothing was wrong with the bones in my spine, but it looks like I did sprain my neck. 

I am on pain killers and muscle relaxers but they are not helping much right now. 

I can't ask Levi to come home because he has another fight coming up that he needs to train for and he has a really good job that pays more than what I make cleaning houses. Plus, if he comes back to Natchitoches he will have no gym to train for fighting and no job. I don't want that for him. 

So what that means now is that I am going to go home with the kids and a injured neck. And while my dad tries to help, there is only so much he can do and sometimes our personalities clash and it just causes more stress for the both of us.

I know I have asked a lot in the past, and no one is obligated to help. I would just like some hope that we will all be together as a family again without Levi having to sacrifice his MMA career and his job. 

Any help will be appreciated. 

Also, I know it looks like we have not raised any funds yet, but thanks to awesome friends of ours we have raised $45. Some of this in paypal donations, some of it in Lowe's giftcards. 

If you would like to donate via paypal you can at: paypal.me/kellyairhart 

Gofundme: https://www.gofundme.com/helpusmovethebus

You can also donate lowe's or home depot gift cards if you would like. 

You can email them to me at elijahsmomchangestheworld@gmail.com.

Or you can snail mail them to: 
Kelly Airhart 
172 ray carpenter road 
Natchitoches, La 71457 

ANYTHING will be helpful at this point. 

Thank you for all your kind words, and sweet love and prayers. We really do appreciate it. 

I am going to go rest my neck now. 

Have a good night. Love you all. 

~Kelly




Oh Elijah, please send me some sweet Love.
I am pretty miserable.
I love and miss you so much.
Always.
<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

1,520 days: Overwhelm.

It is 8:49am. Everyone is still asleep... I have my "happy light" shining into my  peripheral  vision, and my vitamins and medic...