Saturday, November 25, 2017

807: Julien vs the Wheelbarrow

It is 12:08am.

I just finished working on some snowmen that I am crafting for Christmas Festival, although I have been exhausted for quite some time now.

Julien is doing much better today, but yesterday was a big scare for all of us.






Thank you for all your love, prayers and support. Yesterday Julien and his cousins were playing hide and go seek outside when a wheelbarrow accidentally got knocked over onto Julien's head and cut his skin all the way down to the skull. I am still shaking from just thinking about it. I literally had to keep Julien (and myself) talking so that I could drive through the shock just to get to the ER.

Thank God Levi was there, because all the blood made me weak. And Julien was terrified. He kept saying, "I don't want to die." As you can imagine, having a brother pass away probably heightens my other children's fear of death. 

He had a great team of doctors, nurses and x-ray techs. Everyone made us feel at home and helped Julien stay mostly calm throughout the whole experience. 

One of the hardest moments for me (and I imagine Levi too) was seeing him being put under for stitches. The trance like state is very close to what you can only imagine a child might look like in the first moments of death (aside from the breathing). Julien's eyes were slightly open, but he was clearly unconscious. They did end up covering his eyes for the actual stitching, but those first few moments brought me back to that day where my worst nightmare came true and I had to see Elijah lying there unconscious. This overwhelming flashback had me in tears worried about Julien.

Of course, the doctor was super professional and kept talking to us throughout the whole procedure, thank God. She did an excellent job on the stitches and the nurses did a great job of spoiling him. Julien even said he would go to the hospital everyday if he didn't have to be hurt or sick lol.

Today Julien even told me that he thought his stitches looked "cool," and he hasn't even complained about pain once! We are so thankful he is okay.

Alright, I should probably get some sleep. We have a big week ahead of us.

Sending you all lots of love and hugs. Before I leave, I want to share this "tweet" from David Cassidy's daughter about his final words. It is an amazing reminder about just how important each moment of life we get really is. Try not to let it all slip away without doing the things you love. 

Words cant express the solace our family’s received from all the love & support during this trying time. My father’s last words were “So much wasted time”. This will be a daily reminder for me to share my gratitude with those I love as to never waste another minute....thank you.

Please keep praying for our world. Pray for our Earth. Pray for our families. Pray for our children. Pray for hope. Pray for love. Pray for peace. Pray for you! Pray for me. And always always pray for my sweet sweet Elijah.

Thank you


Oh Elijah.
I miss you so so much.
Not just sometimes.
All the time.
I love you.
Always.
<3 






No comments:

Post a Comment

1,520 days: Overwhelm.

It is 8:49am. Everyone is still asleep... I have my "happy light" shining into my  peripheral  vision, and my vitamins and medic...