Saturday, December 16, 2017

828: The Miracle on 34th Street

It is 9:00pm.

I am currently watching Miracle on 34th Street (the original) with my mom at her apartment.

Sad to say that I have never seen this movie until now. What a sweet reminder of how important the spirit of Santa Claus really is.

I've always said that Santa Claus is real, because somehow--even when we have been so down on our luck that we could barely feed ourselves--our children are always treated to an amazing and happy Christmas. This Christmas is no different.

Christmas means many different things to different people, but I think we can all agree that it certainly is a time of joy and love.

I am so glad I watched this movie tonight.




Today was a pleasant day. We drove to Baton Rouge to spend the next few days with my mom, took a walk to a near by park, and played some card games while watching Christmas movies.

For our 25 Days of Christmas for Elijah, I donated some more books to a local charity that is making sure foster children and children in need have a good Christmas. They are going to try and raffle these books off and raise more money to fill more of their Christmas Shoeboxes. They have already filled over 300 boxes, and still have about 200 more to fill up. If you would like to help, check out their Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/lordshands/

Anything you can do to help would be very much appreciated--not just by me, but by the kids who need the Christmas Spirit now more than ever.

Speaking of Christmas Spirit, here is our newest YouTube video of Gabriel meeting Rudolph!





Hope you guys are all warm and cozy and spending time with the people you love. Sending you all lots of Christmas cheer! 

Keep praying for our world. Pray for our Earth. Pray for our families. Pray for our children. Pray for peace. Pray for hope. Pray for love. And always always pray for our sweet sweet Elijah.



You know, 
if I could ask Santa for ANYTHING,
I would always ask for you.
I love and miss you so much Elijah.
Always.
<3 








No comments:

Post a Comment

1,520 days: Overwhelm.

It is 8:49am. Everyone is still asleep... I have my "happy light" shining into my  peripheral  vision, and my vitamins and medic...