Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Day 3: Manning, South Carolina

This morning we woke up in South Carolina. Yay!



Where we woke up to some pretty cold and nasty weather. Boo.

Some of our original plans were altered a bit, but I think we made the best out of it.

I ran to the local Walmart where I helped one guy pick out a good box of Swissmiss for his wife. (kind act #116)

After helping Mr. Swissmiss, I then proceeded to buy 15 boxes of hot cocoa to hand out in a local neighborhood to keep people warm on this cold and dreary day. (kind acts #'s 117- 131)

We put 12 boxes on doorsteps, handed 2 to people on their doorsteps, and gave one box to a sweet little lady walking home in the rain.








We then proceeded to the local Piggly Wiggly, where we placed quarters in 15 "gumball machines", and a 1 "stamp machine" as well. (kind acts #'s 131- 147) 










While taking photos of the cards on the gumball machines, one of the cashiers actually had a manager called out on us. 

The manager came out and asked if I was taking inventory of the money I placed in the machines...

I just politely explained that we were on a trip of 20 states, in 20 days and over 1,000 acts of kindness.

His reply?

"Well you know, people are just going to take the money out of the machines."

I just smiled, told him that it was okay, and then left.

I suppose I will continue to run into the doubtful, the skeptics, and those who just don't get it. And that is okay.

Even if someone decides to forego the free gum and takes all the quarters out of the machines (which is really hard to do btw), they will be slightly more happy than they were the moment before. And that my friends, is the whole point to this.

After leaving the Piggly Wiggly, we decided to head out of South Carolina so that we would miss out on driving in the snow.... which we ended up hitting anyway.

Again, totally okay. BECAUSE, I got these amazing pictures at "South of the Border" in the snow.











I LOVE this kind of stuff.

South of the Border is this really zany tourist attraction that has been around since the 40's. 

I will have to come back sometime, when everything is open.


After driving through the snow, we finally made it to our 4th state, North Carolina.

To add to our kind acts for the day I decided to write the good men and women who serve this beautiful country I am traveling through.

I wrote 45 thank you cards to US Soldiers and sealed them up to send to Operation Gratitude. (kind acts #148-192)


This is a kind act that I know will be appreciated :)




Okay, well time to work on a video from yesterday, and look at the weather.

Have a great night and stay warm!

Thanks always for reading :)

Kelly Airhart
www.i-am-kind.com






1 comment:

  1. South Carolina does have some pretty good weather. Lots of businesses are flocking here to...great place to be :)

    Greetings from Anderson Locksmith LLC

    ReplyDelete

1,520 days: Overwhelm.

It is 8:49am. Everyone is still asleep... I have my "happy light" shining into my  peripheral  vision, and my vitamins and medic...