Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Doing The Impossible

It is 12:33pm

The kids are doing some writing work for school, so I decided to take advantage of this quiet time and do my blog.

This morning while walking I found this awesome TedTalk and it made me excited for two different reasons:

1. It made me feel like my walk across the country was possible (and that I was not as crazy as I thought.)

2. I thought that the kids would love it. (The guy is a sword swallower).

Doing The Impossible: Cutting Through Fear


My parents watched it too.

I think it must have excited my dad because he sent me the phone number to Fox News and told them to tell them about our story. lol.

I plan on doing just that once I know when we are going to walk... and I have decided to make that choice based on whether or not I get hired by one of the companies I have applied for and passed interviews for.

Like I said before, I am worried about my driving record and the wreck I had preventing me from getting hired.

I feel like if I get hired, we should stay so that I can work for a little while and that might give us a cushion to leave with.  Then we could leave in March. It is a little less exciting, but is is the "smart" thing to do.

If I don't end up getting the job because of my driving record, then we will pretty much have to go in September and pray to God that people donate enough to get us to a place where I can provide my kids with a home until I figure something else out. We could decorate the car with tacky Christmas decorations and hope that people will be moved by the spirit of Christmas and our story and help us get a home for our children.

Either way, I feel like the walk will happen and it will hopefully inspire others. Like this guy said, he is changing the world not by the act of swallowing a sword, but by inspiring others to overcome their fears and follow their dreams.

I want to do the same.

At the same time, I need to change my family's world.

I want to get us out of this funk and get us to a place where we really can focus on our dreams without the constant battle of fear and anxiety relating to if we are going to be able to pay our bills and have a place to stay.

I can only change the world for Elijah once I have changed the world for my family.

Just keep praying. Pray for answers. Pray for our world. Pray for our family. And always always, pray for our sweet Elijah.

Time to wrap up our schooling activities for today--we are kind of taking it easy until we get our school books in the mail.

Thanks for reading <3



I saw your heart in the pavement on my walk.
Did you hear my "good morning?"
I wish I would have had a home to bring you home to.
I wish things were so different.
I will find a way to get us out of this mess, 
and back on our feet so that we can change the world for you.
Because that is what we promised to do.
I love and miss you so so much.
<3







No comments:

Post a Comment

1,520 days: Overwhelm.

It is 8:49am. Everyone is still asleep... I have my "happy light" shining into my  peripheral  vision, and my vitamins and medic...