Monday, August 8, 2016

Second Chances

It is 10:45 am.

Remember like a week ago when I was so bummed out about not getting hired with Shipt and how I felt so incredibly stupid???

Yeah...I do too...lol.

Anyways, I was really bummed about that I would NEVER be able to reapply because they currently only let their applicants apply once.

I was upset about this policy, because I KNEW I could do better, but I was so excited and nervous and scared to death about going back to work that I choked on the quiz, and I missed one more than I should have to be able to get hired.

Lame.

So I wrote an email to the recruiters explaining my situation.

I wrote them NOT expecting to get a second interview, but to politely beg them to reconsider their policies on not taking secondary applications.

I basically said that it took a lot of bravery for me to make that step, but I had missed the questions on the quiz because of nerves and excitement. I went on to say that this job was a really big deal for me after losing my child. It meant a lot for me to take those steps and I know there are other people out there who are missing out on the opportunity to work for Shipt because they simply are nervous and excited too (for who knows what reasons).

This whole time Shipt had been great with responding with emails, and answering my questions about why I didn't get hired, but in the email that followed my personal request for reconsidering their policy I got one more email asking to call and speak to a lady named Miranda.

I hesitated, because I am horrible with phone calls lately. They bring me a terrible amount of anxiety, especially when I have no idea what we are going to talk about.

But I called Miranda, and she was very lovely.

She told me that they do NOT give second chances, but she read my email and it touched her. She had almost lost her daughter at 6 months old and she had to drop out of school because she couldn't take tests. She didn't know my pain exactly, but she had been close enough to understand just enough. She saw the word brave, and she empathized with me. She had decided to give me a second interview....then repeating again that they do NOT do this.

I am so very thankful for Miranda and Shipt deciding to give me this second chance.

I just finished my quiz, and my interview and I feel really good about it.

And I hope that this one day will be a valuable lesson for my children.

It is not necessarily that you don't have to take no for answer, sometimes we have to accept the "no," move on and learn from it.

It is that if you feel very strongly about something, sometimes if you speak up and speak with honesty and compassion, you can be offered second chances. And if you get those second chances you should be extremely thankful and take your time and make sure you follow through with great care.

Anyways, I just thought it was a really great little story to share with you guys, and hopefully it will turn into a job that I will be able to do, and do well.

Please continue to pray for me because I mentioned before, I do have a wreck on my driving record that I caused, and I am really nervous that it could prevent me from getting either of the jobs I just applied for.

But for right now, I am going to enjoy the quiet peace of my "Ikea Monday" with Alex and plan for our homeschooling adventures that will begin when we get back "home."

Thanks for reading. I hope you all have a great day.



Oh my boogie. 
I wish I had all the answers, but I don't.
And even though my heart is thankful today,
it still misses you terribly.
I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you.
I love you.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

1,520 days: Overwhelm.

It is 8:49am. Everyone is still asleep... I have my "happy light" shining into my  peripheral  vision, and my vitamins and medic...