Sunday, August 7, 2016

Rocky Road

It is 7:07pm.

I just got back from a mother son date with Julien to a little Soda Shop.

I had rocky road ice-cream and he had mint chocolate chip.

There were oldies blasting and they had chalkboard walls. It was definitely a good time.

I am thankful.

I am trying to take each kid once a week to do something with them individually...

Hopefully it is something they will grow up remembering as something special we shared.

Anyways, this morning I did not wake up on the right side of the bed.

I didn't charge my phone, so on my walk I couldn't track my miles, and I also couldn't listen to much.

I did manage to listen to this TedTalk, which I strongly suggest if you are a big dreamer like me, or a procrastinator ;)

The Surprising Habits of Original Thinkers



I didn't make it through the whole three hours of walking because I was in this funk without my phone (which is horrible. I know I shouldn't be that attached to it. Which is exactly why I haven't jumped at the idea to get Alex one too...we should not be this reliant on our phones).

But I did get through 2 hours before I had this thought in my head that I just needed to get home and write down on paper.

Something in my head said that I needed to push our big walk up to September so we could get into a home for Christmas.

I thought about it over and over, and I prayed about it, and I couldn't get it out of my head.

So I came home and I wrote about it and still couldn't get it out of my head.

And I just felt absolutely crazy about it, and everything else...so I went back to bead.

I had a pretty decent nap, and Levi cleaned the bathroom and reorganized some stuff and I went and washed clothes, and then I asked him what he felt about it.

He said it was basically up to me, because he didn't want me to resent him if we didn't go.

To which I told him, I would never resent him because this is his decision too. This would effect his training at the gym, and he has worked so hard to lose weight, and I don't want to interfere with any of this.

But he told me if I felt like I needed to do this, for Elijah (and for us), that we should do it.

And maybe it will be okay to just go ahead and get it out of the way so we can get back, get a home base (hopefully), and then be able to actually focus on our dreams instead of fighting through all of the crap we have been wallowing in.

The walk is not meant to supplement working, or so that we can become lazy and just have things handed to us. It is so we can get out of this hole and regain our footing and be able to support ourselves again.

And I am just ready to be out of that hole so that I can really make a difference for my family and for others.

But if we start next month, it means that I have a lot of planning to do and fast.

I need to make a webpage, and contact the newspaper and other media, because we need coverage if we have any shot of raising money.

I was going to have shirts made, but I'm not really sure how important or possible it is at this point.

The kids are being homeschooled, and I think we will be okay to travel with the curriculum we have.

But we will have to be really strict on our walking times and we will have to incorporate some driving at times to make sure that we make it to a hotel at night, because of traveling with such young children.

Anyways, it is something I will pray about tonight and then I really need to make a decision on, because September is only a few weeks a way.



Anyways, the rest of the day was pretty peaceful. 

I just wish I wasn't so crazy sometimes, then I wouldn't have these crazy obstacles to overcome. lol.

Well, I have an hour left to walk, so I am going to get to it--barefooted too!

Hope you are all having a nice Sunday.

Please continue to pray for our world. Pray for my family. Pray for me. And always always pray for sweet Elijah.


Oh sweet boy.
If we do this walk, we will do it right and we will honor you.
We will do acts of kindness for you along the way and spread your love like wildfire <3
I just want to make you proud.
I love and miss you so much.
<3








No comments:

Post a Comment

1,520 days: Overwhelm.

It is 8:49am. Everyone is still asleep... I have my "happy light" shining into my  peripheral  vision, and my vitamins and medic...