Saturday, August 6, 2016

Happiness

It is 5:22pm.

I am going to be the lazy momma today and go ahead and copy and paste my update from my gofundme again. (I know...I know...)

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure nobody other than my dad read it this morning lol, and I need to research homeschooling curriculum for the kids and try to enjoy my Saturday.

Plus, it is a good little read, and I'd hate for it not to get read.

"I have found that my walks are a real blessing. 

In the three hours I would normally been sleeping if I had not chose to do this walk, I am getting outside, finding beauty in ordinary things, and expanding my mind. 

At first I was listening to music. Mostly James Taylor. And it was fantastic for a one hour walk, but as I started to add more hours to the walk, I decided I needed something really engaging to help my mind handle all this new quiet time. 

So I decided to listen to audio books. 

The first audio book I listened to is the book "The Last Lecture." 

It is an amazing book and I strongly suggest you read it, or listen to it for free on youtube. 

After I finished the book I felt positive and upbeat, and wanted to keep that feeling going, but I really wanted to expand my mind. So I decided I was going to listen to Aristotle....lol. 

I decided on Aristotle because of a book I started reading sometime ago called, "The Happiness Project." 

I never finished the book, and I lent it to a friend who is no longer a friend, but I do remember the lady who wrote the book talking about how reading Aristotle made her happy....so I gave it a shot. 

About five minutes into the preface, and the narrator explaining that when reading Aristotle usually needed the help of a professor or some other intellectual to help decipher the stories, I decided this wasn't something I was ready for at 7am. 

So I decided I would just listen to "The Happiness Project," since I had never finished the book, but it wasn't an audiobook. 

However, I did find a few talks from the author and I listened to those instead. And I am sharing one of them with you guys in hopes that you will enjoy them and possibly get something out of it too! 

Maybe we can all walk away a little happier and it will be a big win for all! Woohoo ;) 

I often dream that after my big walk, I would become a motivational speaker and do a TedTalk and hopefully inspire others. But I always worry that I don't know what I would talk about, and even if I did, I don't know enough of what I want to talk about. 

So hopefully using these three hours in the morning, and the world as my classroom, I will walk away from all of this with a bigger understanding of the things I love and am passionate about. 

Well, it is time to go change the world and plan some homeschooling. 

Don't forget to dream big. Live bigger. And love the biggest!"
www.gofundme.com/walkinghome17

Oh here is the link to the video I was talking about:




OH!!!! And I made my first Elijah Blanket Bear today!!!!




He's super cute. And the more I look at him the more I am excited about what we can do with these little guys.

But we need blankets.

SOOO...if you want to send me some baby blankets, rubberbands, and/or ribbons I would love you forever ;)

The address is:
Kelly Airhart
14900 E. Orange Lake Blvd. #209
Kissimmee, Fl 34747

Time to go enjoy my Saturday and be thankful.

Have a great weekend you guys. Love you all.


Hi my little sunflower. 
Hi my sweet boy.
Look at your sweet face.
I just want to kiss it all over.
I miss you so much.
<3


No comments:

Post a Comment

1,520 days: Overwhelm.

It is 8:49am. Everyone is still asleep... I have my "happy light" shining into my  peripheral  vision, and my vitamins and medic...