Friday, August 5, 2016

Elijah's Blanket Bears

It is 4:18pm.

It's Friday, so I think I might actually extend my screen time for an hour, and my bed time too....

Living a little wild..I know. I know.

But I have been doing all this stuff and really haven't spent anytime with my husband lately, so he gets an hour extra of Kelly time today...lol..I'm sure he is thrilled.

Anyways, today I started looking into different homeschool curriculum for the boys, because schools have started everywhere super early this year and it looks like we should start easing into it too.

I have homeschooled before, but this year I really want to be involved with other Orlando homeschooling communities, so I have tried adding myself to a few private groups on Facebook, and so far only one has accepted me.

The one that accepted me is geared towards Alex's age, which is pretty cool, but I'd still like to get all the kids involved in things like play meet and greets and field trips.

Of course, I know these things are going to be hard for me as most of these parents will surely have babies with them, but the kids need to make friends and it wouldn't hurt to have a sense of community.

I will stay strong somehow....just remembering to be thankful for the time I did have with sweet Elijah.

Oh! Speaking of Elijah....a friend of mine posted to another friend of mine's Facebook wall this little towel bear, and I absolutely loved it.



I am thinking, small scale for right now, that I can make these bears with blankets and sunflower ribbons to send in the care packages I send to bereaved mothers, when I have the means to.

And I would call them Elijah's Blanket Bears because his blanket is a big part of the way we remember him.

I would love to make larger care packages and get them to hospitals and have them available on my etsy page in care packages to be available for bereavement gifts for other parents.

And I can also just have them available as baby gifts too.

We will get there.

Anyways, it is time to get the boys ready for their MMA Class.

Please continue to pray for our world. Pray for my family. Pray for me. And always always pray for my sweet Elijah. <3

Thank you for reading!




Hey sweet boy.
I think your blanket bears would be really sweet 
and I can't wait to start making them.
I will make the first one just for you
I love and miss you so very much
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

1,520 days: Overwhelm.

It is 8:49am. Everyone is still asleep... I have my "happy light" shining into my  peripheral  vision, and my vitamins and medic...