Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Just Keep Praying

It is 8:42pm.

I had my Order Up onboarding meeting today and tomorrow I will get my shirt and driver bag and will be signed off to be a driver.

I submitted my availability for next week to drive a few hours each night, so we will see how it goes in the beginning and hopefully I won't have to do every night in the future. But I want to get ahead and create myself a cushion before I cut back on hours...so say some prayers, because the next few weeks are going to be hectic for sure.

But no complaints. I need this job very badly right now, and I am so thankful for it.

I talked to my "homeless" neighbor at the studio today, John, and found out that he is moving back to Daytona to live with his sister.

It turns out the lawyers he has been working for are asking him to do all this hard labor and not paying him enough money for it because they are offering him a place to live rent free. But, if you could see the place he is living in (which is also under construction), you would understand why this upsets me.

They are taking advantage of a man who has nothing without this job. He would have no place to live, no money, and no job without them. They are probably patting themselves on the backs over this, but they are not offering him any real benefit by overworking him and underpaying him, because as soon as this job is over he would be back on the streets, if it weren't for his sister.

He looked bad today. And I am kind of worried about him. You could tell that he was tired.

I know that we have it bad, but I am very aware that there are people out there who have it worst than us.

Anyways, I needed to vent about this, but I also really want you guys to say some prayers for John, and all the other homeless men (and women) who are constantly being treated as less than human and being taken advantage of.

As for me, I am on the computer past my screen shut off time and really should be getting ready for bed since I only slept 4 hours last night (according to my sleep app).

And I didn't get my evening walk in tonight...blah.

Just keep praying. Pray for our world. Pray for Louisiana. Pray for my family. Pray for me. And always always, pray for my sweet Elijah.


My sweet angel.
Look at you.
You are absolutely beautiful.
Perfect in every way.
I miss you so much.
I love you my boogie.
<3



No comments:

Post a Comment

1,520 days: Overwhelm.

It is 8:49am. Everyone is still asleep... I have my "happy light" shining into my  peripheral  vision, and my vitamins and medic...