Monday, September 5, 2016

The Bodhi Tree

It is 10:13pm.

I just got home a little while ago from work.

Before that it was a pretty lazy day.

I brought the kids to Ikea, went to the grocery store, played a few rounds of hide and go seek with Gabriel and then did some "research" for one of the books I am writing.

At work, it was pretty slow...but just busy enough to keep me from writing, which kind of stinks.

But I did find this super cute place called Dandelion Communitea and it had this little garden off to the side of it. So while I was waiting for customer service to handle my order (since the restaurant was closed today for Labor Day), I just walked around the garden and it really brought me a lot of peace.

Here are a few pictures:






It is hard to see, but in the last picture is a rock I left that has Elijah's name slightly engraved in it. I left it as a prayer for Elijah. 

I miss him so much this week...and every other week.

Last night I stayed in the bathtub until almost 2:00am listening to sulky music and just crying. Torturing myself for God knows whatever reason--like this week isn't already bad enough.

Tonight I am going to try to at least be productive with my new found insomnia. 

I am going to try to write more in my book. 

At least it will be a productive way to process my sucky grief.

Anyways, thank you to all of you who have been super sweet and posted to my wall, or sent me messages. You remembering him (and me) during this time is appreciated more than you will ever know.

As always, please continue to pray.

Pray for our world. Pray for my family. Pray for me. And always always, pray for my sweet Elijah.

Thank you.


Oh sweet boy.
This week is so weird. 
I miss you like crazy, but then I don't feel like I miss you enough.
This madness will never end until you are in my arms again.
It is funny how writing this book really makes me wonder so much 
what Heaven is really like for you.
I hope it is adventurous and fun as I am making it for you in my book,
but most of all I hope you are happy. 
And if you ever miss me, 
just know that I am always here 
probably missing you more.
I love you so much my boogie.




No comments:

Post a Comment

1,520 days: Overwhelm.

It is 8:49am. Everyone is still asleep... I have my "happy light" shining into my  peripheral  vision, and my vitamins and medic...