Saturday, August 12, 2017

700 days

It is 8:03am.

I just woke up. I set my alarm for a little later than 5:00am this morning, but for some reason it didn't go off, so I got a little extra sleep. It is the weekend, I guess I am allowed to sleep in, plus 8:00 is not that late.

Yesterday I decided that the kids were going to be electronic device free during the day. Shortly after that, I decided that there had been too much complaining over the things they didn't have, so I needed to address that. Living on a school bus, it is very difficult to hide the things they already had, and I really didn't want them to wake up to a punishment, I wanted them to feel good about gratitude, not just think they have to be thankful or they will be punished. So I decided we do a weekend of service.

So Yesterday morning the boys and I ate breakfast and then headed to town. First we went to the Walmart parking lot and put away all the "stray" shopping carts. I will admit, even though at first they had fun with it, about 1/2 way through the parking lot they got really whiny about it being hot lol. So we went inside Walmart to get some stuff for a picnic lunch at the park and some treats to hand out from the bakery rack.



Next I had to reschedule an appointment with my counselor, so I brought the staff at The Mental Health Clinic some mini cupcakes. Mental Health is not taken serious enough and these people are the super stars of helping people learn to help themselves again. I am truly so thankful for all they do, and I wanted them to enjoy a little treat!





After that we went to the playground and had a picnic lunch, and the kids played a little bit, before we picked up trash. I was pleasantly surprised that there was so little trash to pick up! But there was just enough to get the boys involved and hopefully to teach them the value of a clean earth (and play area).



Then we went home to cool off from the heat and take a little break before we colored and made paper cut outs and pictures for the nursing home together. I will be delivering those later, when I head in that direction.



And last but not least, we visited the fire station and brought some donuts, chocolate milk, and orange juice for them to enjoy. And the fireman we spoke with was so kind! He let the boys sit in the trucks and showed them all the cool tools they have. It was a really nice end to the day!



I'm not sure what we are going to do this morning when they wake up, but we will think of something soon!

While I am thinking, I will probably be walking-in the sunlight today lol.

Oh! Please pray for Levi's grandmother (who I often refer to as granny), and his mom. Granny's dog Susie passed away. Susie was a big part of all of our lives as she was brought home to take care of Levi's grandfather somewhere around 14 years ago. She had a good long life and was a family reminder or people we love. It will be hard to go to granny's house and not see her. She is so missed.




Also, please keep praying for my friend Alida in her new found grief as well. Send her lots of love!
If you would like to help support Alida and her daughter Anna at this difficult time, you can here:
https://www.youcaring.com/alidatitchenal-901441

Thank you for your love and support.

As always, please pray for our world. Pray for our country. Pray for our families. Pray for me. Pray for you! And always always pray for my sweet Elijah.

Thank you.



I don't what had brought significance to the the amount of 700 days to me today.
Maybe it is that I never thought I would make it this far without you.
I barely thought I would survive that day, or the days and weeks and months that followed.
The pain of your loss will stay with me for life,
but I also live a very joyful and happy life for you and because of you.
700 days my heart has longed for you.
700 days my arms have been missing you.
700 days and it is a miracle that I am where I am in life.
700 days and it is a miracle I am still here.
700 days and I still miss you the same.
I love and miss you so much Elijah
always.
<3 




No comments:

Post a Comment

1,520 days: Overwhelm.

It is 8:49am. Everyone is still asleep... I have my "happy light" shining into my  peripheral  vision, and my vitamins and medic...