Saturday, September 30, 2017

751: Happy Birthday Levi

It is 8:52pm.

Dear Levi,

Today is your birthday, and while it was a pretty mild and boring day I was so happy to have you at home with me and the boys. I made you cupcakes and rubbed your aching legs. But I wish there was more I could do.

I know you don't like celebrating these occasions much anymore since we have to spend them without Elijah. I know they are hard. I wish I could do anything to turn this all around and bring him back to you--but sadly none of us have that power.

I just want to let you know that I am so proud of you and how hard you have trained and fought. I have seen you grow in so many ways these past couple of years, and it makes me so happy for you. You are following your dreams and doing something amazing; and I want you to know that.

We have been through some hard times, and there are many where I don't know how we are still standing. But now that we have walked through hell together, it is time to climb the mountains that bring us closer to Heaven.

I'm not the best at being sappy or romantic-- but I mean it when I say that you are my best friend Levi, and I love you more than you could ever imagine.

It is me and you, FOREVER. Mwahahahahaha...

Happy birthday.

I love you.



Elijah,
send your dad some birthday love.
He loves and misses you so much.
We all do.
Always
<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

1,520 days: Overwhelm.

It is 8:49am. Everyone is still asleep... I have my "happy light" shining into my  peripheral  vision, and my vitamins and medic...