Saturday, December 2, 2017

814: Christmas Festival

It is 10:40pm.

Today has been fun, and well...interesting.

I am (in general) pretty hard on myself. I tend to shoot for the moon. So it is really no surprise that I walked away from Christmas Festival today just a tiny bit disappointed in my sales. I really wanted to make so much more so I could feel more comfortable spreading lots more Christmas cheer in memory of Elijah.

But if I have learned anything from life, nobody is immune to letdowns. It is really up to you how you decide to handle it. Do you wallow in the "what should have been," or do you choose to be thankful for the stuff that did go right. Tonight I just have to let go of my somewhat silly expectations, learn from the experience, chose to be happy, and be thankful for what did go right.

Even though I am a little disappointed in my sales, I am not disappointed in my efforts, or the day I spent with Alex and my best friend Laurel. I haven't laughed so hard in such a long time. Who knew that having to pee and wanting to dodge the porta-potties could be so funny. Lol.

I haven't lost anything money-wise (I don't think), and I still have possibilities of making more money later.

Plus, I got to talk about Elijah ALOT today. I also had the opportunity to put up my little Christmas Remembrance Tree and some information on Pregnancy and Infant loss awareness. I also put out some suicide hotline cards. Good things happened today because I decided to have a Christmas Festival Booth.





I hope you guys had a beautiful day. Learn to just let go and let life do its thing. We can't control everything--so why try. Just be happy and do the best you can. I love you all.


Hi sweet boy.
I hope you know I am doing my best--
or at least trying to do my best.
I am so thankful I got to speak your name today.
I am so proud of all the love you have inspired.
Thank you for being my son.
I love and miss you.
Always.
<3






No comments:

Post a Comment

1,520 days: Overwhelm.

It is 8:49am. Everyone is still asleep... I have my "happy light" shining into my  peripheral  vision, and my vitamins and medic...