Tuesday, December 5, 2017

817: Happy 1/2 Birthday Elijah

It is 10:49am

It is a yucky day outside. Julien as already have a time out this morning for being mean and rude to me, and I have to admit I am feeling restless.

The kids did not get enough sleep last night. After coming back from MMA it was late and they were still kind of stirred up. I got them to bed the best I could, but then they woke up earlier than I was anticipating..and it really shows today.

I have been cracking down hard on rudeness lately. I give my kids a lot of freedoms, and I am totally cool with that. But they are learning some pretty negative behavior from somewhere and I am getting down to the bottom of it and trying to adjust it the best I can.

I've cut out certain Youtube Channels where kids are really rude to their parents, or where parent's encourage rude behavior with their kids.

There have been multiple time outs over the last couple of days.

Yesterday I took away tablets for the day.

Just a tiny bit of "tough love" here and there.

The new dog in the bus has really added a great sense of responsibility for all of them, which I think is great. I have to remind Alex that she needs a lot of love and attention, because he is so used to being in his own world. I hope this teaches him that sometimes we have to step outside of ourselves to care for others--and the world does not revolve around us.

Winter (the dog) is also a great reminder to get outside and play, and she makes an awesome cuddle buddy when they are upset.

I have taken more of a stern tone these last couple of days too--still loving but stern, because I want them to see the seriousness in the need for attitude change around here.

I guess what I am trying to get to, is that in spite of all that we have been through as a family, we are doing the best we can. We all have our flaws. My kids will be loved through their flaws, just as they have loved me through mine.

I wish I could give them more freedoms than they actually have-- without negativity, fear, and contradictions lurking in every corner-- but I am working on that.

Parenting can be tough sometimes. I just hope my kids know that I am doing the best I can and that I love and support them no matter what--I just won't tolerate rude behavior, guilt trips, or negativity. I'm done with that.

Alright. It is time for breakfast and to tackle the day ahead. Here is our video of yesterday's Christmas Giving for Elijah:




Sending you guys all lots of love. Go change the world. Do it for Elijah.

And please keep praying for our world. Pray for our earth. Pray for our families. Pray for our children. Pray for hope. Pray for peace. Pray for love. And always always pray for my sweet sweet Elijah.

Thank you.



Oh sweet boy. 
Where would we be if you were still on our arms?
Happy 1/2 Birthday.
The kids and I will get some cupcakes later to celebrate.
We love and miss you so much!
Always. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

1,520 days: Overwhelm.

It is 8:49am. Everyone is still asleep... I have my "happy light" shining into my  peripheral  vision, and my vitamins and medic...