Monday, December 18, 2017

830: The Polar Express Waits for No One

It is 9:17pm.

The Polar Express waits for no one--even when there are multiple wrecks on the interstate causing a two hour delay in traffic. 

Luckily, The Polar Express does allow you to reschedule your train ride, so we will be trying again sometime after Christmas. 

The rest of today has been about rest. My head has been spinning like crazy all day. I'm not sure what is wrong. I guess it is time to actually go see the doctor instead of saying I will...

I did manage to get outside a little while this afternoon and take the little guys for a walk around the capital. 

We looked at flowers and berries, and I treated them to some ice cream--which hopefully is one of my last purchases of this year. It is time to save money and start pinching pennies again, until I have another way of making some type of income.



And even with all that went "wrong" today, I feel oddly at peace. Maybe it is the Gabba I have introduced into my vitamin regimen lol. Maybe it is being with my mom. Or maybe it is being in the city where Elijah was born. 

Alright, tomorrow we leave kind of early and I will have to wash clothes before we leave, so I need some rest. 

Sending you all lots of love. 

Here is a quote to ponder before going to bed tonight ;)

"Don’t worry about the future. Or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum. The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind, the kind that blindside you at 4 p.m. on some idle Tuesday.
Do one thing every day that scares you.
Sing.
Don’t be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don’t put up with people who are reckless with yours.
Floss.
Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."

~Mary Schmich

OH! and here is today's YouTube video:


Keep praying for our world. Pray for our Earth. Pray for our families. Pray for our children. Pray for peace. Pray for love. Pray for hope. Pray for joy. And always always pray for our sweet sweet Elijah.

Thank you.



So close to you,
and yet so far away.
I love and miss you sweet boy.
Always.
<3 





No comments:

Post a Comment

1,520 days: Overwhelm.

It is 8:49am. Everyone is still asleep... I have my "happy light" shining into my  peripheral  vision, and my vitamins and medic...