Monday, December 25, 2017

837: Merry Christmas Elijah

It is 9:30pm.

Christmas will forever be such a bittersweet day for us.

Today was a long, but beautiful day.

Julien continued to make it a tradition to go to the ER every time we go to granny's house by waking up doubled over in stomach pain last night. Because all the stores were closed for Christmas, we had no other choice than to see if the ER had anything that could bring him comfort--turns out they didn't lol. They gave him a little bit of pain meds and offered some advice and sent back us to Granny's.

We manage to get a tiny bit of sleep in before family showed up and it was time to open presents. By then I was so tired and grumpy I almost lost all my Christmas spirit. Luckily I have an awesome husband and my kids have a loving dad, because without a little bit of a "pep-talk" I could have easily crawled back into bed and skipped Christmas.

These kind of days are hard, but when you push through the pain, they are also rewarding. The kids had a beautiful and happy Christmas and we were all blessed with beautiful gifts and family that loves us.

Elijah was certainly missed--I had "My Immortal" on the way home and cried my eyes out. No matter how nice today was, it doesn't change how much I miss him.

We were able to finish our 25 days of Christmas Giving for Elijah by buying some snacks at the gas station we stopped at on the way home and giving them to the ladies working there. The cashier's smile was so rewarding. It is always nice to see Elijah's love in action.

Now I am waiting for Levi to come home from the gas stations with some antacids and Sprites--because I guess my stomach is not happy with my Holiday eating habits lol.

Time to relax a little and try and enjoy what's left of this Christmas.

Sending you all love and peace on this beautiful night. "Sleep in Heavenly Peace." ;)

Keep praying for our world. Pray for our Earth. Pray for our families. Pray for our children. Pray for peace. Pray for love. Pray for hope. And always always pray for my sweet sweet Elijah.

Thank you


Merry Christmas Elijah.
I wish I could give you the world.
I also wish I could just have you back with us.
I love you so so so much.
Missing you.
Always.
<3 



No comments:

Post a Comment

1,520 days: Overwhelm.

It is 8:49am. Everyone is still asleep... I have my "happy light" shining into my  peripheral  vision, and my vitamins and medic...