Friday, February 14, 2014

Day 5: Charleston, West Virgina & Buckeye Lake, Ohio

This was the view from our hotel room yesterday morning.





Packing was a challenge...






Being originally from Louisiana, and then traveling from Florida, my family is not accustomed to snow.  This has been our first time really experiencing the extreme cold, and the difficulties in functioning in the outside world with snow on the ground and in the air.

It has given me a real appreciation for the people who go out in this stuff to get to work everyday.

So, to thank the people who braved the weather and went to work in the snow, we delivered 65 candy bags to people at work around Charleston, West Virginia.














Excuse the horrible pun, but it really warmed my heart to see how grateful people were to have a little appreciation for coming to work. 

I also got to hear the stories of people calling in because of the snow... So it was nice to make those who braved the weather feel appreciated.

Never underestimate the power of candy. 

Before we left West Virginia, the kids and I built a snowman....which is a lot harder than I thought it would be...lol.



He is a pretty sad snowman, but he sure made the kids happy.

They loved the snow!




After drying off, and warming up, we headed to Ohio.








To continue in the spirit of appreciating those who work hard everyday, I decided to do the stack of customer appreciation survey's I had accumulated on this trip.


This may not seem like a big thing to you, but I have worked at places that have performance reports based on how many of these things get filled out. Plus, who doesn't love to hear that they are doing a great job?

I filled out 11 of these before I lost internet last night. 

So now, here I am at a McDonald's in Buckeye, Ohio rushing to get this blog done and start on a new day of kindness.

Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Kelly Airhart






No comments:

Post a Comment

1,520 days: Overwhelm.

It is 8:49am. Everyone is still asleep... I have my "happy light" shining into my  peripheral  vision, and my vitamins and medic...