Friday, February 14, 2014

Day 6: Columbus, Ohio

Happy Valentine's Day!

I am so excited about today's act of kindness.

Today, for Valentine's Day, My family and I donated 40 stuffed animals and 25 boxes of Chocolate to UCMH Family Services in Columbus, Ohio.










According to www.childrensrights.org, approximately 400,000 children in America are currently in foster care. On average, most of them will stay in the foster care system for 2 years. And around 80% of those children have emotional trauma.

While I would love to send every kid in foster care a gift on Valentine's Day to make their day a little better, I am very pleased that I was able to help The UMCH Family Services give out some smiles today to some special children who surely deserve it. 

After visiting with UMCH Family Services, we headed to Downtown Columbus to do a little sightseeing before heading to Indiana.













And then, on the way to Indiana we saw a sign for the Piatt Castles in Loan County, Ohio, so we decided to check them out. We took the side adventure only to find out they were closed, but it was still a pretty good time.




And I got a lot of other fun photographs today on my journey's...









But now for the most important part of Valentine's Day...spending it with the one's you love!

Thanks for reading!
Kelly Airhart







2 comments:

  1. Invest with $100 and get a returns of $2,000 within seven working days.

    Why wasting your precious time online looking for a loan? When thereis an pportunity for you to invest with $100 and get a returns of$2,000 within seven business orking days. Contact us now for moreinformation if interested in learning on how you can arn big withjust little amount. It is all about investing into crude oil and gas.
    Email:jubrininvestment@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

1,520 days: Overwhelm.

It is 8:49am. Everyone is still asleep... I have my "happy light" shining into my  peripheral  vision, and my vitamins and medic...