Saturday, February 15, 2014

Day 7: Marion, Indiana

Dear Snow,

I am not a fan.

Okay Thanks,

Kelly

Today's acts of kindness were made very difficult thanks to the blistering cold and...yep...you guessed it...snow.

In my head, I was going to personally lay flowers on the graves at Marion National Cemetery to thank the veterans who have fought for our country and are now laid to rest.

http://www.cem.va.gov/cems/nchp/marion.asp

However, when we pulled up to the cemetery, all of the graves were covered in at least 5 inches of snow.


So, I had decided to just lay all of the flowers I had at the gates, take some photos of the tombstones and call it a day.











But then, my husband decided to be totally insane by skipping through the snow in shorts and placing flowers on the graves for me and save the day...






After placing 84 flowers on graves, we were off to Bloomington, Illinois.

Most of the trip was quite pleasant. We got to see a giant Nesquick Bunny. 


And this place...




But then, the snow got the best of me, and I ended up driving us into a ditch...


No one was hurt, and after we called 911, a very nice police officer came and checked out the car and called us a tow truck.





It took almost an hour to get us out of the snowy ditch, but we got out safe and sound and made it to our hotel.

I am very thankful to be safe and alive right now. And extremely thankful to God for watching over us, and the police officer and tow truck driver who helped us tonight.

Be careful out there!

Thanks for reading,
Kelly Airhart









No comments:

Post a Comment

1,520 days: Overwhelm.

It is 8:49am. Everyone is still asleep... I have my "happy light" shining into my  peripheral  vision, and my vitamins and medic...