Sunday, February 16, 2014

Day 8: Bloomington, Illinois

“In poverty and other misfortunes of life, true friends are a sure refuge. They keep the young out of mischief; they comfort and aid the old in their weakness, and they incite those in the prime of life to noble deeds.”  ~Aristotle

Today's act of kindness was to visit a friend...

Not a big numeral addition to my trip, but with the last two days I've had, it was much needed.

So, remember yesterday when I ran into that snowy ditch?

Well, my bad luck continued today when I got into yet another accident. 

Maybe I should change my project to 2 crashes in 2 days....or then again...maybe we'll just stick to the original plan.

I am still a little shaky, but every good story needs some drama, so I am chalking it up to that.

And no worries, everyone walked away okay. Except my front headlight....




The important thing is, that every one walked away with no injury, and we will still be able to continue on with our trip.

But back to the whole friendship thing...

Today we are visiting our friend Chris in Bloomington, Illinois.


Chris was a friend of ours from college, and one of the groomsmen in our wedding.

It was nice to have a familiar face to visit, and a free place to do some laundry ;)

Plus, we had some killer good pizza.



Well, its time to relax for a little while... 

Hope you are all having a good night.

Thanks always for reading.

Kelly Airhart











No comments:

Post a Comment

1,520 days: Overwhelm.

It is 8:49am. Everyone is still asleep... I have my "happy light" shining into my  peripheral  vision, and my vitamins and medic...