Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Day 9: Missouri

Yesterday, our day started off like the past couple of days in the blistering cold, with snowfall and nasty driving conditions...





And, admittedly, I was a little nervous about the rest of our trip.

After 2 consecutive days of getting in some sort of wreck, I wasn't in the best mood for travel...until I saw this.


I don't know if it was the "God keeps his promises" written on the sign, the phone call that followed the sighting of the sign, or the giant cow that made me smile.

See, when I was growing up there was a Bonanza Steak House in my hometown. I didn't have a lot of memories of the restaurant, other than getting free ice cream, but I had no idea they still existed. So, of course I had to call my dad and tell him about it.

After speaking to my dad, I felt better. I felt good knowing that even though I just cost us all a lot of money in insurance deductibles and tow truck fees, my parents were still proud of me. 

So after letting the kids play in another McDonald's indoor playground, we set out to Missouri.

We stopped at a gas station somewhere along the way, where I bought 14 scratch off tickets and taped them the gas pumps.


Now, I was feeling like I was getting back in the game.

But what really made me feel great is when the sun came up and we drove into St. Louis Missouri and saw the Gateway Arch.

It was just a cool moment. It's just one of those great American Icons, and I was finally getting to see it.

 I really wished I could have driven to the riverbank, but the road was closed. 

So, I got the best picture I could from where we were, and then continued on...


Missouri is a big state, and we did a lot of driving...but we did see some pretty cool things along the way.












After finally getting to our hotel late at night, I felt bad for only doing 14 acts today. So, I decided to do more.

I decided to get on kickstarter and help other people's dreams come true.

Kickstarter, for those of you who aren't familiar with it, is a website where you can help financially support people's "creative projects."

However, I think its much more than just a financial support. 

When I had a Kickstarter for this project, every time I got the notification that someone supported what I was doing, it was such a great feeling. I wanted to share that with others.

Here is a list of the 10 Kickstarters I "backed" last night.

Free Ballroom Dancing for Beginners:

Wicked Cool Tools:

Sweet Story Makes the Lavender Tea House Sweet Again:

MOSSLESS Issue Three: The United States (2003-2013):

Save the Fairlee Drive-Inn:

World Online Orchestra:

My Grandad and Grandmom: A Family Vacation in Florida:

Ototo: Make Music from Anything:

Stealing Smiles for your Enjoyment II:

Turn Left at the Blinking Light:

Whenever you can, support people's dreams. Without dreamers, our lives would be pretty boring.

Thanks so much for reading!
Kelly Airhart

And P.S. Thank you Missouri for your beautiful sunshine again this morning. It is much appreciated :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

1,520 days: Overwhelm.

It is 8:49am. Everyone is still asleep... I have my "happy light" shining into my  peripheral  vision, and my vitamins and medic...