Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Day 10: Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Nebraska

Yesterday was a big day.

We traveled through 4 states: Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, and ended in Nebraska.

At the beginning of the day, it was mostly driving.





And we did stop and do some touristy things...










But my favorite part of yesterday, of course, were the acts of kindness.

We stopped in Kansas City, Kansas where I stopped at the intersection of Troost Avenue and Meyer Road and held a simple handwritten sign. It said, "You are beautiful."


I stood at the intersection for exactly 1 hour and only counted the cars that acknowledged me. 

I counted 346 cars.





It was great to see all the smiles, thumbs ups and people saying "thank you."

It was a beautiful day, and I couldn't have asked for a better way to spread some love.

After Kansas City, we had quite a bit more driving to do. 

We passed through Iowa. (You can see just how sleepy I am in this picture)


Where I paid for this guy's dinner.


He was a lot happier about it than he looks in the picture ;)

And then it was off to Lincoln, Nebraska where I am gearing up this morning for another day of kindness.

Have a great day! 

Thanks always for reading,
Kelly Airhart








1 comment:

  1. Kelly this is awesome ur doing this.... u arevan amazin beautiful person.... keep spreadin the.love....btw this is Aaricka Johnson (Natchitoches Central 01)

    ReplyDelete

1,520 days: Overwhelm.

It is 8:49am. Everyone is still asleep... I have my "happy light" shining into my  peripheral  vision, and my vitamins and medic...