Friday, May 27, 2016

A Million Miles Away

It is 9:40pm

Second blog of the day...as promised.

I'm better...

It comes and goes.

I have been watching this little video I have Elijah today--well the only video I have of him-- and it just seems so unreal.

I see him there. I see him moving. I hear him...

But he is a million miles away.

I miss him so much and nothing will change that.

The bad days are going to come and go forever from what I hear, so I will just have to take them as they come.

It doesn't make me any less of a person.

It doesn't make me any less "strong."

It just means that some days will be harder than others.

And with Elijah's first birthday right around the corner, I know there are quite a few bad days coming.

Tomorrow I will post something on social media asking everyone to do one act of kindness in Elijah's memory on his birthday using the hashtag #loveelijah

I want to hope for the best, but prepare for the worst that day.

I want to spread kindness that day like crazy. I want to honor that promise. I want it to be my distraction from the pain...

So, say some prayers for us as we prepare as a family for this big day. Pray for The Love, Elijah Project as I am having to kind of work behind the scenes right now to get things put together. And always always...pray for my Elijah.



Elijah. I love and miss you so much. We all do.
Some days it takes the wind out of me.
Some days I just can't do anything but fall apart.
But know that when I fight through it all,
I am fighting for you.

Goodnight my boogie.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

1,520 days: Overwhelm.

It is 8:49am. Everyone is still asleep... I have my "happy light" shining into my  peripheral  vision, and my vitamins and medic...