Monday, May 30, 2016

Sullivan

It is 11:46pm

Holy smokes...It is so late.

Today was Memorial Day. We didn't really do much, but I do want send a sincere thank you to all the men and women who have lost their lives defending The USA, and their family members who have to stay strong after such a loss.

I shared a song on my Facebook page today, which I will share with you in just a moment, because I thought it was a good day for it.

It is called Sullivan.

The song is about the 5 Sullivan brothers who served together on the same Naval ship in 1942, and unfortunately that ship sunk and left their mother and father to lose all of their sons to the war of WW2.

In fact, this was so heart wrenching that the US War Department adopted the Sole Survivor Policy which protects siblings from drafts or combative duty if they already have a brother or sister in military service.

While all Soldiers lost at war are important, I wanted to take a moment to share The Sulivans with you:

"The five brothers, the sons of Thomas (1883–1965) and Alleta Sullivan (1895–1972) of Waterloo, Iowa, were:


  • George Thomas Sullivan, 27 (born December 14, 1914), Gunner's Mate Second Class (George had been previously discharged in May 1941 as Gunner's Mate Third Class.)
  •  
  • Francis "Frank" Henry Sullivan, 26 (born February 18, 1916), Coxswain (Frank had been previously discharged in May 1941 as Seaman First Class.)
  • Joseph "Joe" Eugene Sullivan, 24 (born August 28, 1918), Seaman Second Class
  • Madison "Matt" Abel Sullivan, 23 (born November 8, 1919), Seaman Second Class
  • Albert "Al" Leo Sullivan, 20 (born July 8, 1922), Seaman Second Class"


Oh, and here is the song:



If you want to read more about The Sullivan brothers, a simple google search will bring up lots of information.


Oh, and I also made another Monday Night Memorial video for The Love, Elijah Project:




Andddd....guess who has the hiccups? One of signs for Elijah ;) 

Time to get some sleep.

Please pray for all those who have lost a family member who was serving our country. Pray for my family. Pray for The Love, Elijah Project. And always pray for my Elijah.



Hi sweet boy. 
You are so beautiful. Just look at you. Perfection.
I miss you so much.
A little bit of kindness already started today for your birthday and I am so thankful.
We are going to make you proud, I promise...somehow your momma is going to hold it all together.
Somehow...
I love and miss you so much.

Good night my boogie.
<3






No comments:

Post a Comment

1,520 days: Overwhelm.

It is 8:49am. Everyone is still asleep... I have my "happy light" shining into my  peripheral  vision, and my vitamins and medic...