Saturday, June 3, 2017

631: The Fight

It is 12:42am.

We just got back from Levi's fight/chips and dips with his team/an impromptu Sonic ice-cream date.

So I bet you are all wanting to know if Levi won his fight?????

Well, no. He didn't. But please DO NOT feel sorry for him because he is NOT a loser by ANY means.

He did AMAZING. He just happen to catch a kick to the face and it knocked him down, and in amateur fights they will not let you continue if you fall out from a kick...even if you get right back up.

We have talked and while he is disappointed he did not win, he learned from it and is ready to continue on with the next fight.

And like he said, not many people make it into the ring at all. So to even be able to fight tonight is something he should be EXTREMELY proud of.

And I am not disappointed at all.

In fact, the fight right after his, one of the opponents fell to the ground with in the first 10 seconds and the fight was over in 20 something seconds because he couldn't get up.

Levi's fight lasted almost the whole 3 minutes.

I could go on and on about this, and the reasoning behind why I am still so darn proud of him, but just know that this is only another tiny little hurdle between Levi and the vast greatness ahead of him... and there is no reason to be worried over it.

But oh my gosh you guys, I really and truly enjoyed the whole night. All of the fighters were amazing and showed great strength. And there was even a marriage proposal! lol. It was really awesome.

But I am tired now and want to get some rest. Tomorrow we have a long drive to go get the kids and visit family.

We are also VERY close to Elijah's birthday! It is Monday!!!! So please don't forget to do an act of kindness in his memory and share it with the hashtag #loveelijah and/or tag myself or Levi in the picture. Please and thank you.

Love you all. Keep kicking butt and following your dreams.

And please keep praying for our world. Pray for our country. Pray for my family. Pray for me. Pray for you! And always always pray for my sweet Elijah.

Thank you.


Oh my sweet boy.
I saw that rainbow you sent us before the fight.
I know you are proud of your dad,
and I know you were telling us that everything is going to be alright.
We love and miss you so much.
Always!!!
<3



No comments:

Post a Comment

1,520 days: Overwhelm.

It is 8:49am. Everyone is still asleep... I have my "happy light" shining into my  peripheral  vision, and my vitamins and medic...