Tuesday, June 20, 2017

648: Bone Bruise

It is 8:28pm

I am back at the school bus, but still in a lot of pain.

It looks like it might be that way for a while too...

But before I get really lazy here and just copy and paste my Gofundme Update, I wanted to share Elijah's sunflowers with you.

So far, only 2 have bloomed, there are a few more that should bloom soon.


These brought a much needed smile to my face today.

And NOW, the lazy copy and pasting of GoFundMe update (I'm sorry, I am just in a lot of pain and want to go to bed).

I finally made it back to the bus today, I hated to leave Levi but we were all crashing at his friend's apartment and I didn't want to overstay our welcome. Levi wanted to come home with us, but I really need him to stay in Shreveport to focus on his fight that is coming up next month, plus we really need him to work right now.

I am still in a lot of pain. 

I went to another doctor here in Natchitoches, and she said that is possible that I bruised a bone during the fall and that I really can't do anything about it other than take pain meds and wait it out. IF it still doesn't feel better in 2-3 weeks, I can make another appointment. 

She also said I cracked my toe and that I have to be careful not to hit it on anything or I will break it--fun times.

I honestly had no idea what bone bruise was, and it didn't sound too serious, so I was wondering why I was in so much pain--and then I looked it up.

"A bone bruise is a type of traumatic injury. It is less severe than a bone fracture. It causes blood and fluid to build up at in and around your injured bone: You may have symptoms such as pain, swelling, and a change in color of the injured area."

"Most bone bruises slowly heal over 2 to 4 months. A larger bone bruise may take longer to heal. You may not be able to return to sports activities for weeks or months. If your symptoms don't go away, your health care provider may give you an MRI."

The medicine I am taking helps ease the pain, but it also makes me shuper drowsy. So lately I have either been asleep or in pain. 

I had to cancel my cleanings this week, and next week we are supposed to go to Tennessee with family, so right now I am trying not to freak out over finances. 

Anyways, send lots of love and prayers, because I would really like to feel better soon. 

Maybe now is the time to finish that novel I keep putting off--doesn't look like I will be doing much of anything else.

Love you all!!!!




Send some love sweet boy. Momm is in a lot of pain
With no electricity tonight.
I could use some extra love. 
Always. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

1,520 days: Overwhelm.

It is 8:49am. Everyone is still asleep... I have my "happy light" shining into my  peripheral  vision, and my vitamins and medic...