Tuesday, August 8, 2017

696: The Early Bird

It is 8:41

In yesterday's blog I talked about how I was going to get up at 5:00am this morning so that I could have quiet time before the kids woke up to get things done. Well, my alarm clock didn't go off this morning. I did wake up at 6:30ish because the sun started to shine through the bus windows, only to find my phone dead and my computer converter piece missing (for like the 1000th time). So I became extremely frustrated and woke up Alex and made him look for the converter piece (because the kids had used my computer last). Then I went on my walk because I needed to get the frustration out in a healthy way.

As I walked I reminded myself that if I wanted to have a good day, I had to turn my thoughts into something more positive. So I decided to do a gratitude walk. And for about 3 or 4 minutes I spoke out loud of things I was thankful for this morning, and then I gave myself the gift of silence.

I don't know how long I walked this morning, or my mileage. Nor did I get to donate charity miles. But I was still able to walk off some frustration and get some much needed exercise. I will walk again this afternoon and everything thing will be well again.

After my walk, I ate breakfast and washed the dishes for my dad. And now, here I am blogging early so that I can spend the rest of my day focusing on the kids and my book. Ideally I would have gotten up at 5 and had an hour or so more to work on my book--but maybe the kids will sleep in today lol.

We are going to start "school" in a couple of weeks. There are a few books I want to order and I am working on new "house rules," and some plans for the school year. That being said, the kids really are learning all the time. Maybe not in a "traditional" way, but Alex has been working on his GED studies and has told us that when he finishes he wants to learn blacksmithing and welding to create art and sell it. Which I think is really cool. Julien and Gabriel watch youtube shows about animals sometimes, and are always asking questions. Julien has shown interest in starting a business, we just haven't figured out what. And Gabriel is truly enjoying being a wild one with his free spirit. I love that he is getting to enjoy his childhood at home with more freedom to run around and be himself.

Even if we are not where I thought we would be in life right now, we are pretty blessed.

Do any of you guys get up at 5am every morning? I am kind of loving it so far. What do you guys do with your early mornings? Tell me in the comments below. I would love to hear.

Sending you all some mad beautiful love this morning. Go have an awesome day and change the world. Sending you all love <3

Please keep praying for our world. Pray for our country. Pray for our families. Pray for me. Pray for you!! And always always pray for my sweet Elijah.

Thank you



Oh sweet boy.
My Bat Baby.
Look at those cheeks and big wide eyes.
I would love to wake up to you in the mornings.
I can only begin to imagine how big you would be.
In my mind you are always that beautiful 3 month old baby that I once held so tenderly in my arms.
I love and miss you so much Elijah.
Always.
<3 



No comments:

Post a Comment

1,520 days: Overwhelm.

It is 8:49am. Everyone is still asleep... I have my "happy light" shining into my  peripheral  vision, and my vitamins and medic...