Wednesday, August 9, 2017

697: What Are You Waiting For?

It is 8:15am.

Another successful early morning wake up! I woke up at 5am and immediately went for my morning walk. It was pretty dark for most of it, so I was kind of scared at first. However, with my handy dandy flashlight tool on my phone, I made it happen without any problems.

I wanted to share a conscious writing exercise that I found in an audio book I finished listening to today. The book is Fulfilled: How the Science of Spirituality Can Help You Live a Happier, More Meaningful Life. The conscious writing exercise is called, "What are you waiting for?"

As with the other stream of consciousness writing exercises I shared before, to experience the full benefit of this exercise you will want to get a notepad, a pen, and a stopwatch and answer each of the following questions by writing fluidly without stopping for five minutes each:

1. If you found out you were going to die tomorrow, how would you live your last day of life?

2. If you found out you were going to die next week, how would you live your last week of life?

3. If you found out you would die in a year, how would you live the last year of your life?

4. Of all the things you would do in your last day, week, or year of life, which ones have you not yet done? What has held you back? What are you waiting for?

In the following month, choose one of the things on your list above and do it.

I hope this little exercise  put a little pep in your step like it did for me. Sometimes I think we forget that we are here to live our lives, not just go through the motions.

I have learned the hard way that death can come at any moment, and it doesn't matter how young or old you are--it has no limitations.

If you find that you are fearing death, it means that you need to live your life more. Now what are you waiting for? Go live that big beautiful life of yours! You are worth it.

Sending lots of love today and everyday.

Please keep praying for our world. Pray for our country. Pray for our families. Pray for me. Pray for you! And always always pray for my sweet Elijah.

Thank you.



Send me some love and inspiration this morning Elijah.
It is time to finish this book and send it out to the world.
I love and miss you so much my boogie.
Thank you for blessing my world with your presence.
<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

1,520 days: Overwhelm.

It is 8:49am. Everyone is still asleep... I have my "happy light" shining into my  peripheral  vision, and my vitamins and medic...