Saturday, October 21, 2017

772: Sales Tax and Shipping

It is 5:12pm.

Originally, when I figured out how much profit I would make selling my books to local stores I had calculated my profit at around 2.00 per book. However, today I stopped and took a harder look at the numbers.

If you add 10% Louisiana sales tax and a pretty hefty shipping cost to what it already costs me to order inventory, I now only profit $1.14 a copy for the books that sell in stores. This doesn't even factor in the cost of gas that I burn during delivery.

I severely undersold myself, and it is too late to do anything about it this season.

I am just going to have to make more Farmer's Market and event sales. Or I am going to have to get my books into more stores.

So far Farmer's Market sales are going pretty well; But I don't know how many more stores I can really get my books into while doing good business with the stores I have. This is a very small town, and I don't want to upset anyone I already sell to. 

Honestly it is hard for me to do anything but accept what is, and next year be smart about it...and in the mean time work on my novel, lol.

I'm not discouraged. I am glad I learned something, and I am really amazed at how many people enjoy my work! I am also really happy Elijah's story is being shared with so many people in one way or another--that is truly is something to be thankful for.

You know what, I think I will go celebrate my small success by getting myself a brownie ;)

You live. You learn. You eat chocolate... go ahead and quote me on that.

I love you guys. Don't take life so seriously. We are only here for a little while, might as well enjoy it.

Be thankful what you have. Live your dreams. You are worth it!

Please keep praying for our world. Pray for our earth. Pray for our families. Pray for our children. Pray for the broken. Pray for the hurt. Pray for the hungry. Pray for the homeless. Pray for the lost. Pray for those in prison. Pray for those at war. Pray for peace. Pray for love. Pray for joy. Pray for hope. Pray for you. Pray for me. And always always pray for my sweet Elijah.

Thank you.


Oh sweet sweet boy.
I can not let this silly little mistake stop me.
I would be crazy to do such a thing.
I am going to push forward,
and I will do it to honor you.
I love you sweet boy.
Send us your love.
We need it.
Always.
<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

1,520 days: Overwhelm.

It is 8:49am. Everyone is still asleep... I have my "happy light" shining into my  peripheral  vision, and my vitamins and medic...