Monday, November 6, 2017

788: Because of You

It is 6:33pm.

I am back on the school bus with Levi and the kids...totally exhausted, but had such a good weekend.

First, I am so excited to announce that Elijah's Little Library is officially a little over 1/2 way funded! The community at Farmers Market this weekend was just unbelievable kind. Everyone was so generous and really loved the idea of the little library. I am sure we will make our goal by this weekend, and whatever goes over will go towards paint,  possibly an extra sign for the fence and of course new books for the community. I have been collecting a couple of indie author books (besides my own) to place in the library too, so if you are an indie author and would like to donate one of your books, please feel free to send it to me at Kelly Airhart 172 Ray Carpenter Road Natchitoches, La 71457.

Yay!

Alex, my nephew Dylan, and I also had a blast on our mini road trip this weekend. I had planned this months ago with Alex and even though everything has been a little extra crazy lately, I managed to pull it off and keep my promise. Saturday after I had farmers market, we went to the Louisiana Steam Punk Festival in Lafayette. It was so cool to watch everyone walk around in their beautiful costumes.

I am going to post some videos on youtube tomorrow(ish) of the performers we saw and I will try and remember to share them in the blog.

After the festival we walked around downtown Lafayette a bit, had icecream at the old Borden's and then drove to Baton Rouge to eat pizza and then spend the night with my mom.




The next morning we went and saw the new Mike The Tiger and then drove all over the place until we discovered there is a town called Waterproof, Louisiana, dropped Dylan off and then spent the night with Granny before heading home today! Whew. 

Fun times!

Well, I know this is not the most insightful blog, but I have a mountain of clothes to fold and a bus to clean, and other things to tend to--

As always, I am sending you all lots of love!!! Follow your heart. Live your dreams. Be true to who you are, because you are awesome!!! 

Please keep praying for our world. Pray for our earth. Pray for our families. Pray for our children. Pray for peace. Pray for love. Pray for hope. Pray for you. Pray for me. And always always pray for our sweet sweet Elijah.

Thank you.


This little library is the first "big" thing in a while
that I have done for you where I felt like I couldn't fail.
I love and miss you so much,
I just really want to make the world a better place--
for you and because of you.
But just know that the world is already a better place
because of you.
<3









No comments:

Post a Comment

1,520 days: Overwhelm.

It is 8:49am. Everyone is still asleep... I have my "happy light" shining into my  peripheral  vision, and my vitamins and medic...